This course incorporates video tutorials, prompts and written exercises that will enable you to explore different ways of portraying the human form – in particular the portrait.
Working from reference imagery and from life, you will tackle the fundamentals of portraiture and dig deep into further exploration in order to expand your own potential as an artist. By studying master artists, you can also analyze their choices and aesthetic style in order to discover more about the unique elements you can bring to your own art.
Whilst you will be working on techniques and skills, you will also focus on finding your voice by incorporating ideas and possibilities for individual study and development. Materials are wonderful to explore but at the end of the day, it is the artist that is key – your passion, your ideas, your experience, your creativity.
Inspired by my studies at Art College and my own growth and development as an artist in the years since, I aim to enable you to challenge yourself to create your art, your way!
- You will draw and paint in order to create expressive and dynamic portraits.
- You will expand your knowledge of portraiture by studying master artists.
- You will work on exercises that will explore the things that inspire you as an artist.
- You will find your own language and purpose in portraiture.
- You will experiment with a focus on self expression.